Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Still here...

It's been a while since I dedicated any thought to this space...
There is good reason for that... For those that don't follow me over at Diary of a Flutter.Kat, Abbie my youngest daughter, has been very unwell recently with more than a few trips to hospital...

Yet again my brave girl visits the hospital...q


But that doesn't mean that our "natural eating" has fallen by the wayside.
If anything it's going far better than expected given everything that's been going on!

Yep, Tom has continued to have a great workout and we've been experimenting with many different recipes such as; healthy ice-cream alternatives, salads, risottos, steamed puddings, pizza, pasta sauces, loads of different baked goods and even sausages.
While eating at home we are {almost} additive free. While out we are doing the best we can. But sometimes we've been deviating from "the rules" where it suits...

IMG_20120819_153937.

Like rainbow cake & popcorn at a good friends party on the weekend. Somehow I don't think they were "natural" colours... but it was a one off & we enjoyed every bite.

Have I taken a photo of any of the good stuff though?
Not a chance.
How useless!
The only thing food I have taken a photo of recently was my home made Sunday brunch:

Sunday brunch

The wholemeal pancake batter was made by hand because I never use a recipe for pancakes, just adding the ingredients until the recipe "feels" right. But the berry & maple syrup sauce and whipped cream were both made in Tom.

There are no photos of the {actual good} food because I've been having a total holiday of the brain & only doing what's been absolutely necessary.
Which has not included thinking about blogging...

Now that I've had a few weeks break I will endeavour to continue to "diarise" things properly again though...
In other words I hope to be back :)

More soon...


1 comment :

Cherie said...

Glad to know Tom is still in use! Must be fun making healthier meals =D